CHICAGO, Dec. 7, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — In-depth analysis and data-driven insights on the impact of COVID-19 included in this global #healthcare cybersecurity market report.
The healthcare cybersecurity market is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 16.70% during the period 2020−2026.
Key Highlights Offered in the Report:
- COVID-19 pandemic acted as a catalyst for the market as the healthcare industry moved online during that period, there has been an increase in healthcare data which led to data privacy issues and thus, accelerated the demand for cybersecurity products.
- North America region dominated the geography segment with the highest incremental growth of USD 5.4 billion. However, the APAC region will grow with the highest growing CAGR of 17.36% during the forecast period because of the rapidly increasing connectivity and accelerating pace of digital transformation in the region.
- Malware segment dominated the threat type segment in the market. Most of the hospitals and other healthcare facilities were affected by the malware threat as this can be installed in the systems of the user easily.
- Network security is the widely implemented type of security in the market. The network security type segment witnessed the highest incremental growth of nearly USD 5.5 billion.
- Healthcare facilities are preferring on-premises deployment of the cybersecurity solutions over cloud-based because of the various advantages offered by on-premises deployment. However, cloud-based deployment segment witnessed the highest absolute growth of 158.74% due to the high adoption of cloud for storage of data.
- Pharma & biotech companies are widely using the cybersecurity solutions because of the utmost requirement for the privacy of generated medical data. This segment is expected to grow at an incremental growth rate of USD 5.3 billion.
- The key players in the global healthcare cybersecurity such as Intel and Cisco Systems are focusing on delivering innovative products as well as are strategizing to invest more in the R&D of certain product areas such as cloud security, analytics etc. Other key players such as McAfee are strengthening their global presence through mergers and acquisitions.