Spirent has released their 2021 Sustainability report highlighting the company’s reduction in energy use for the 7th year in a row and success in using 100% electricity from renewable sources. In a year of transition, Spirent saw an opportunity to accelerate initiatives like flexible work and lab automation to help deliver further energy and emissions reductions in the years to come.
Extending the momentum beyond corporate efforts, Spirent’s FuturePositive sustainability program helps customers tackle important global sustainability challenges. By providing solutions that reduce their customer’s environmental impact, like a program allowing the sharing of lab equipment, auto-off features and ability to use equipment remotely, Spirent has:
- Consolidated 4 customer labs into 1, a 71% reduction
- Engaged 344 suppliers in a new code of conduct, representing more than half of their manufacturing spend
- Reduced carbon emissions by an estimated 460 tonnes per year
- Improved equipment utilization by more than 75%, thus reducing the disposal of no longer needed equipment
- Reduced carbon emissions by 9% in 2020, taking them to a total 33% reduction since their 2014 baseline