Wandera Cloud Security Report 2021 | Wandera
A close look at the threats that will impact your organization’s data via your most critical assets — your endpoints, users, and your remote access tools — plus practical advice on how to configure business tools to ensure fast and safe connectivity for all users in 2021.
- 52% of organizations experienced a malware incident on a remote device in 2020, up from 37% in 2019; a 41% increase.
- Of devices compromised by mobile malware in 2020, 37% continued accessing corporate emails after being compromised and 11% continued accessing cloud storage.
- In 2020, 28% of organizations were regularly utilizing an operating system with a known security vulnerability.
- Relative to pre-pandemic times, there has been a notable increase of up to 100% in connections to inappropriate content during office hours.
- Android devices were 5.3x more likely to have a vulnerable app installed than iOS devices.
- At their peak during the weekend, phishing attacks were 6% more frequent than during the weekday peak.
- In 2020, 4% of users connected to a risky hotspot each week, down from 7% in 2019, however;
- 15% of organizations had at least one device using an app that leaked password data, up from 11% in 2019.