Security Professionals Anxious About 5G – AT&T Cybersecurity Insights Report: Security At The Speed Of 5G | Information Security Buzz
With the fifth generation of cellular network technology on the horizon, it potentially brings opportunities for businesses as well as security challenges for those not prepared.
Indeed, new methods of cyber-attacks that take advantage of an expanded attack surface brought about by more connected endpoints will be spawned by #5G. Being prepared for these previously unseen threats as well as coping with the enormous volume of new devices will be critical to managing business risks.
Additional findings from the report are as follows:
- 73% of 704 cybersecurity professionals rate their level of concern in terms of 5G’s potential impact on security as high or medium-high
- 76% expect wholly new security threats to emerge out of a 5G world
- 22% expect they will have to rethink their cybersecurity system altogether because of 5G
- 80% of enterprises surveyed are concerned that 5G will be used for connecting new devices
- 33% are planning to implement tighter network access controls in the next five years
- 37% are planning new systems for device authentication