FireEye surveyed over 800 CISOs and other senior executives across North America, Europe, and Asia to help organizations benchmark their cyber security initiatives. This global snapshot offers context that can aid critical planning discussions with key stakeholders.
Some key findings include:
- Breach readiness has room for improvement The majority (51%) of organizations do not believe they are ready or would respond well to a cyber attack or breach event.
Moreover, nearly 29% of organizations with cyber attack and breach response plans in place have not tested or updated them in the last 12 or more months.
- The vast majority (76%) of organizations plan to increase their cyber security budget in 2020.
The greatest number of U.S. participants (39%) indicated budgetary increase plans of 10% or more, followed by the UK (30%) and Korea (22%)
- Varying global viewpoints
- Japan to prioritize detection capabilities in 2020
- Korea believes nation states to be the most likely source of cyber attacks
- U.S. takes the lead in transitioning to the cloud
- Germany and Japan express concerns regarding cloud security
- France believes employee training to be a top protection measure
FireEye Cyber Trendscape Report | FireEye